Bell & Gossett Double wall heat exchangers are used mostly for potable water & cooling system applications, or where cross contamination cannot occur.
The DSU product is designed for applications using steam on the shell to heat fluids in the tubes and the DWU product is designed as a liquid to liquid heat exchanger. Both are well suited for use in heating or cooling domestic water. • Diamondback DSU and DWU shell and tube heat exchangers are designed with a unique double wall U-tube bundle construction with an air gap between each tube that is vented to atmosphere. Each inner and outer tube end is roller expanded into stationary tube sheets. • This construction permits detection of a telltale leak to the exterior of the heat exchanger in the event of a failure in either the inner or outer tube wall.
• Removable bundle for ease of inspection and replacement.
• This design allows for differential thermal expansion between shell an tubes as well as between individual tubes.
• The result is a heat exchanger capable of withstanding thermal shock.
• The bundle design and tube layout allow for the maximum heat transfer surface area per given shell size.
• The SU/WU exchangers are also available with Diamondback double wall tube construction and heavy duty construction for high temperature applications as well as tank heater designs.
Standard Copper (tubes), carbon steel (shell, tube sheet, baffles) Optional Brass (tubes, tube sheets, baffles), bronze (heads), stainless steel (tubes, tube sheets, heads, shells, baffles), 90/10 Cu-Ni (tubes)